With the addition of rows of lace trimmings and a quick stencil project, a simple set of sheets becomes a lovely wedding gift for any new couple. DIY Wedding Night Elegance with decorative trimmings is truly a gift from your heart.
Supplies for Wedding Night Elegance with Decorative Trimmings
- Sheet Set
- Decorative Trimmings – Cluny Lace with Ribbon
- Tulip Soft Matte fabric paint
- Light Table
- Fabric Marker
- Paint Brushes & general painting supplies
- Newspaper or white paper
- Sewing Machine
- Basic Sewing, Cutting, Measuring, Pressing Supplies and Tools
How To Create Wedding Night Elegance with Decorative Trimmings
- Measure the top sheet and edges of pillow cases and purchase enough trim. Be sure to allow for an overlap. A queen size set of sheets requires approximately 6 yards of trim.
- Pin trim to the sheet and top stitch in place. You will need to stitch along either edge of the trim to secure it properly for laundering.
- Repeat stitching trim to the pillow case edges.
- On your home computer, type Mr and Mrs, choose a font and enlarge it to the size desired. In the case of the project samples a 300 point font was used. Print onto copy paper.
- Using a light table, lay the pattern directly onto the surface and cover with the pillowcase. Draw the pattern onto the surface of the pillowcase.
- Insert sheets of paper or newsprint and following the traced pattern, fill in the lines using the fabric paint following the manufacturer’s directions.